Local & International Parents Hub (LipHub) is a non-denominational intervention group that seeks to support parents in bringing up their children according to the Bible doctrine.
To help the parent understand issues around parenting, better approaches and supports that are realistic and meaningful to individual children.
- To have open contact and link access with all parents who require our service and support.
- To have regular meetings and counselling sessions where parents can have a chance to discuss issues of concern and are guided with likely solutions.
- Exploring dispositions of different ages and stages of children’s development parents need to be aware of, including parental expectations at each age and stage.
- To regularly update parents on issues of health and social care services, education and support, training, and meetings that can help their parental engagement and better lifestyle.
- Educate and support parents on practical issues such as housekeeping, cooking, shopping, budgeting, filling in applications, etc., where such assistance is required.
TRAIN UP A CHILD……” Proverbs 22: 6a
Train up a Child is a non-denominational intervention group that seeks to support parents in bringing up their children according to the Bible doctrine.
A child’s growth begins from the womb (conception) to a newborn baby, toddler, pre-school, primary to secondary school, teenager/adolescent, and young adult. Parenting is a great responsibility. It involves a variety of dynamics and situations because children are different, and most parents realise this. For example, some siblings may be calm and react slowly, others may be outspoken and react quickly, or a combination of potential. Thus, each child should be esteemed as a unique individual. Different types of parents may include biological, foster, adoptive, and guardians. Concerning the Bible, Zecharias and Elizabeth were biological parents of John the Baptist (Luke 2);
Samuel was fostered by Eli the Priest (1 Samuel 2); Esther was adopted by Mordecai (Esther 1); Timothy’s mother and grandmother brought him up, but he was guided by Apostle Paul (1Timothy 1).
Considering the demands and pressure that surround parenting, some parents might wish to have a parenting manual guide. However, we do have the Bible, the handbook for life. The Bible should guide all parenting actions regardless of the child’s age and stage. The primary goal of parenting is to bring up godly children (Malachi 2:15), which includes loving the one true God above all other things and loving people (Matthew 22:37-39). Parenting is to help children know God, discover their gifts, and assist in step-to-step of penetrating into their given purpose and fulfillment (Jeremiah 29:11). Parents are to nurture and promote godly attributes within their children (Galatians 5:22-23). Helping children to know who they are in Christ promotes confidence and healthy self-esteem to achieve God’s purpose (Psalms 139:13-18). As a parent, the most significant gift to your child is prayer throughout your life. You should pray and intercede for those you are parenting regularly, starting from the womb. Having a specific time and days to pray and fast for your children creates a healthy spiritual atmosphere wherever they may be.
Please get in touch if you need support for parenting, including counselling/advice and prayer, or email to register to join us for regular prayer times.
You are destined to be a joyful parent. Your children must fulfill God’s purpose for their lives.
Please get in touch if you need support for parenting, including counselling/advice and prayer, or email to register to join us for regular prayer times.Contact lIPHUB